Pages

background

Saturday, February 26, 2011

I am on a roll... a Cinnamon Roll

I needed some rolls to go with our Sop and Dop dinner (The Man named that one) which is basically baked chicken with bread or rolls to sop up the dripping gravy.  Anyways, I was trying another roll recipe as it is not always easy finding a recipe that you like when using fresh ground flour.  The rolls did turn out okay, but they were not our favorite until this morning.  I used half of the dough to make dinner rolls and the other half for cinnamon rolls.  Roochie helped me get them all prepped and in the refrigerator last night.  This morning I pulled them out; let warm to room temperature, rise and then bake. While they were baking Princess and I made a powder sugar glaze to go on top.  As soon as they came out of the oven I poured the entire glaze all over them.  Let them cool and enjoy. You can find the recipe I used for the dough here.
I don't measure the inside ingredients.  We sprinkled a lot of cinnamon all over.  Then we sprinkled Demerara Sugar 'till it looked right. ;-)  Of course we can't forget the raisins.

 Ignore my messy kitchen.  Isn't my helper adorable and he can multi task.  Roochie's favorite part was using the floss to slice the rolls.
  Sorry for the blurry picture.  This is what they looked like before placing them in the refrigerator.

  
And this is what they looked like after breakfast  this morning.
Honestly these are the best cinnamon rolls I have ever had.  Yes, I have made cinnamon rolls before and they were nothing like these.  The Man and I agree  Cinnabon has nothing on these.

3 comments:

  1. Yum, yum...they look delish! Cute helper too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, they look delicious! Now, how many calories?!?!? =)

    I'm focusing on cutting back...hard to do...so I'm really trying to be good....but maybe just a bite?!?!?

    ReplyDelete

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29