Pages

background

Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Tangled Birthday!

Princess turned 6 today.  I can hardly believe it.  Time has flown by so fast and it is not slowing down.  As parent's we want to give the world to our kids, but for most of us it is not in our power.  It is probably a good thing too, many times in our 'giving' to our kids we are 'taking' what really matters from them.  With a little planning, creativity and prayer you can still make them feel special.  I was able to keep everything below budget and here is how.

I made/crafted what I could.
Here is how I made my own cupcake tower for only $.76 out of pocket.
Here is how I made cupcake picks for $1.50
I used this recipe for homemade strawberry cupcakes.  It is definitely the best I have ever made.  They are moist, but not too heavy. 
I used this recipe with an added 1tsp of vanilla for the frosting.  It was perfect not too tart, not too sweet.
I was able to make her Tangled Rapunzel dress for $17.46 and it is much better quality than the $20 one that Wal-Mart carries. 
To get her the Disney Tangled Rapunzel Tower Play Set I used amazon money that I had earned from swagbucks to cover most of it.






Honestly, I didn't think I was going to be able to pull it off with the budget we had.  God gave me the desires of my heart for Princess' birthday.  I look at how it all pulled together and I know he was behind it helping to give our princess, his princess a very special birthday.  This may be a small blessing in the big picture of life, but it is still a blessing and I am thankful for it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You did pull off a beautiful, perfectly princess birthday for your special girl! I loved all the pics!

    ReplyDelete

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29