Pages

background

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Blessings

I know my posting has been a bit sporadic.  I am a wife and mom first so there are times when blogging is just not gonna happen.  I have had a busy past few months filled with many blessings and answered prayers.  The most wonderful of all being the birth of our third little one whom we call The Sleeper among other cute nick names.


Our sweet "little" girl was born on February 21, 2012 shortly before 11 a.m.  She weighed in at a measly 10 lbs 4oz and was 21 inches long.  The Sleeper was born at 36 weeks and 5 days, so she is technically a preemie. Her birth brought with it so many blessings and answers to prayer.  I have type 1 diabetes, which makes pregnancy high risk and could involve low blood sugar after delivery.  Our sweet little girl did not have low blood sugar.  I was able to nurse her after her initial check up, something I wasn't able to do with the other two and had been praying to be able to do with her.  Of all the babies born that day in our hospital my 10 lb preemie was the only one not in the NICU.  Even with her large size I was able to have a natural delivery! That's completely natural no pain meds or anything.  I had been praying for this also.  I am terrified of having a c-section and so am very grateful for this answer to prayer. I love hearing The Man tell this story, because I always come out sounding like a super hero. ;-)  Our other two had jaundice and had to be admitted into the hospital within a couple days of being released to go home.  Although The Sleeper had jaundice also, she did not have it near as bad and did not have to go back into the hospital, another answered prayer.  We have a beautiful, healthy baby girl and everyone is spoiling on her big time. The Princess and Roochie love her so much.  The Princess is like a little mommy and Roochie has been dubbed the protector.  Roochie kept a close eye on any nurses or doctors that would come to check on mom and baby while we were in the hospital and my sweet little man even wanted to stay over night just to keep an eye on me.  Enough rambling for now lets get to the pictures, because we all know it is all about the pictures. ;-)




I love this pic!


 My Mom


 
Proud Big Brother and Sister
 

Going Home




 P.S. I know this post is long in coming, but hey.  I will be trying to post a bit more often now that we are getting into the swing of things. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, congratulations! I'm actually in shock...not sure how a baby can be that large at 36 weeks....just wow. Love your beautiful family photos! God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29