Pages

background

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Sewing Something New!

My latest project was a backpack from Sew Serendipity Bags by Kay Whitt.  I made the small backpack for my Jule Bug. She outgrew the diaper bag a while ago and was using a hand me down backpack from Princess and it was falling apart.  Not like I really need an excuse to sew something. ;) I browsed fabrics and found the  Full Moon Lagoon line.  I fell in love immediately.  I couldn't wait to receive the fabric and get started. 

Over all the bag was pretty easy to make.  I did have a few issues, some of it was due to be being unfamiliar with sewing bags and others were due to some confusion with the instructions and drawings.  I would make this bag again.  Actually I am making the larger one for Princess.

I used Princess to model the backpack for me.  Isn't she just adorable?


Just a little side note.  I searched high and low, in and out and couldn't find two loop sliders anywhere locally, so once again I turned to etsy. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29