Pages

background

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Expanding My Sewing Abilities

It is no secret that I love sewing. I have been sewing since I was a little girl, well over 20 years. Up until recently the majority of my sewing has been with woven fabric, knits scared me. Well, I decided no more. I am going to grow my sewing abilities and expand into knit. I love wearing knit, it's so comfortable and I want to be able to sew knit as well. My first pattern that I sewed up for knit I was actually pattern testing. I know crazy, but if I can do it a beginner then anybody can. The pattern I tested was The Willow Skirt and Shorts by Stitch Upon A Time. I was surprised at just how easy knit actually was. It is different than woven, but not so much that I needed to shy away from it. I went on to purchase the Boxerwear Bundle for Men and Women, the Spoxxy Top, and the Artemis Top and Dress patterns. I have sewn all of these except the Artemis Dress version. Everyone agrees these are the most comfortable items we own. The girls and I would wear our Spoxxy and Artemis every day if we could. I guess that means I need to sew up some more. Roochie has been asking me to make him something so now I'm off to choose which knit boy patterns I want to try first.













0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29