Pages

background

Sunday, March 6, 2011

How I made my Cupcake Tower.....

Princess wanted a cupcake tower with cupcakes for her birthday.  Now to get a use and toss type it will cost you at least $8 or you can do what I did and make one.

I started with my supplies, a cardboard box, gift wrap, tape, ribbon, salt containers, razor blade, scissors, hot glue gun and a platter.
First I used the platter as my pattern for the largest (bottom) disc.  After cutting the first disc I made two more each one one inch smaller than the previous.  I used gift wrap that I already had on hand to make the discs look pretty. I also hot glued ribbon around the edge of each disc.  I then emptied the salt from the containers and cut them the size I wanted to hold up the discs.  Once the salt containers were cut I hot glued ribbon I already had all the war around.  Now it is time to put it all together.  Using hot glue and eyeballing the positioning I glued the containers and discs together to get the final product; a cupcake tower.  I was originally only going to make it a two tier tower, but Princess informed me it was supposed to have three.  This explains the difference between the instructions and the photo.
 In order to keep my costs down I was using what I had on hand.  Your options are unlimited and I am sure that with more spending I could have made this even nicer.  Princess loved it just as it was.  Total out of pocket expense $ .76 for the two salt container.

1 comment:

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29