Pages

background

Monday, August 15, 2011

Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits and Gravy

Today I made The Man one of his favorite meals, homemade buttermilk biscuits and gravy.  He has been such a big help and blessing to me these past weeks.  I had some extra energy today and wanted to say "thank you" in one of my favorite ways, cooking and baking for my family.  Now biscuits are not my forte. I have tried so many times and more often than not ended up with hard flat discs.  Not this time.  I have found my new go-to biscuit recipe.  They came out just perfect.  I followed a suggestion on one of her other posts about baking the biscuits in an iron skillet.  Loved it!  I found my recipe at Mommy's Kitchen.
I don't follow a recipe for my gravy.  I just kind of eyeball it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29