Pages

background

Friday, April 15, 2011

5 Minute Fridays -- On Distance

I found The Gypsy Mama through Kelly's Plain Path, my dear friend who got me started into blogging. Love you Kelly.  The idea is to write about the chosen topic for 5 minutes with  no editing. It sounded like fun, so I thought I would give it a go.  This weeks topic is "On Distance".






So here it goes.
I am no stranger to distance.  I grew up in a military family which means we moved and distance was placed between friends and family alike.  Being that I was so used to distance after graduating I went across the states to go to college.  Now that I am married and have a family of my own distance is still a big part of my life.  Some of my best friends are a good distance away and nowadays that distance doesn't have to be that far with the price of gas. My family is still distances away.  Most of my family is about 7-8 hours drive time away.  We do still get to see each other a lot compared to how often I saw my grandparents growing up.  No matter how far the distance is email, phone calls and facebook are able to help close the gap if only for moment in time.
I am reminded of another distance.  The distance of a lost soul from an ever loving God.  This distance is by far the worst and the saddest I can think of.  "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son..."

There you have it.  My five minutes unedited.

3 comments:

  1. And He always bridges the distance for us if we will only ask. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The distance from God is truly the farthest and the most painful. This is just a reminder to us all of the Great Commission that we are commanded to do to lessen that distance for as many people as we can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job! And much needed thought at the end about our position with Christ. Glad you participated. Do you think you'll do it again? I will. Love you too!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29