Pages

background

Friday, April 22, 2011

Hard Love Hurts, Its Hard





This is my second time posting with the Five Minute Friday.  You can read about it at The Gypsy Mama.  The rules write about the topic for 5 minutes, no editing.  The topic this week is The Hard Love.

Ready, Go.

As I think about this weeks topic, it hurts.  It hurts because right now my family is experiencing this very truth.  Hard love is just that, it is hard and it does hurt.  God shows us hard love.  God is full of grace and mercy, but his love is hard.  It is held to a standard of truth, right and wrong.  Hard love is when we show our love by giving/telling the righteous truth, God's truth even when it may be painful to give or to receive.  We love so much that we are willing to go outside of our comfort zone to make sure the other knows we love, we care and we want to save them from the impending danger even if this will put us out or cause ridicule and un-fair judgment on ourselves.  God is our example to hard love.  He loves us, but he will not tolerate sin and though he loves us if we do not receive his Son, if we reject him, there will come a time when he will reject us. "Depart from me for I never knew you."
Matthew 7:23 "And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Done

3 comments:

  1. Stephanie -
    I found you through Lisa-Jo at Gypsy Mama. "God is full of mercy and love, but His love is hard." Such truth. Thank you for that! -- Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steph, I just finished my write up and after reading yours was reminded of your email earlier. While writing, I was remembering love suffers long, is kind, endures. I was writing that all love is tried and when so, that is the opportunity to be most like Christ, to share His love. You are in that time. Love, hugs, & prayers to you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great thoughts. I love, "Hard love is when we show our love by giving/telling the righteous truth, God's truth even when it may be painful to give or to receive." So true. Telling truth in love even when it hurts.

    ReplyDelete

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29