Pages

background

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Homeschooling Myself

Am I the only one that finds I am learning as I am schooling my kiddos?  Currently we are reading through The Building on the Rock Series.  I love how God uses these stories not only to bring about more conversation of the things of God with the kiddos, but also to remind and encourage me of His greatness.

How God Used a Drought and an Umbrella - a short story that recently served as a reminder about faith.
There was a severe drought and  a special prayer service for rain was being held.  As the minister was approaching the church he noticed a little girl with an umbrella in her hand.  He asked her why she had an umbrella on such a hot day. Her reply was "We are going to ask God to send rain today. I want to be ready." 

I can't honestly say I have that strong of faith.  My prayer is that God will teach me stronger faith in my life. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't homeschool, but I can totally relate to feeling like I'm teaching myself.

    We have morning devotions and sometimes the things I'm talking about for my children, apply to me as well. =)

    Thanks for sharing that story...I'd heard it once before and yes, I am one of little faith too. I think of the man who had to ask Jesus to help his unbelief...sometimes that is how I feel. I need Jesus to help me believe!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29