Pages

background

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Fast Metabolism Diet With Type 1 Diabetes - Week 4

Week 4, the last week of the 28 day cycle.

Monday Day 22 Phase 1
After so much fat on phase 3, I'm actually starting to look forward to phase 1 by the last day of phase 3. Overall I had a great day with stable blood sugars.

Tuesday Day 23 Phase 1
I woke with elevated blood sugar this morning. I did not take insulin with my bedtime snack last night. Oops.

Wednesday Day 24 Phase 2
This was about the same as before for me. I was hungry this time around. No battling lows. Yeah.

Thursday Day 25 Phase 2
I woke up with a low on this morning, but otherwise back to the normal phase 2 routine.

Friday Day 26 Phase 3
This was a very busy day and I can't say that I followed the diet to a t, but I wouldn't say that I cheated either. We were out all day and I did the best I could with what was available to me.

Saturday Day 27 Phase 3
Another good phase 3 day. Good blood sugars. I did "cheat" this day for dinner we had a birthday dinner out. I had fried flounder. Delicious! I didn't regret it and I didn't feel sick. It was one meal and I was right at the end of my 28 days, so I didn't mind at all.

Sunday Day 28 Phase 3
My blood sugars were a little elevated this day, but overall things were good.

My thoughts on week 4. I actually lost a little more this week than the previous weeks. So good. I have decided to take a break from The Fast Metabolism Diet and try some tweaking over the next couple weeks. I think the biggest things I have learned form The Fast Metabolism Diet is that I need to eat more vegetables and more protein. I will be using what I have learned as I moved forward with my healthy lifestyle. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29