Pages

background

Monday, July 11, 2011

Secrets!

Some things are not meant to be kept a secret.  I can keep a secret if I have to, but if I don't forget it.  I love sharing good and exciting news.  It just doesn't seem right to keep it all to myself.  I have read stories about creative ways people share their secrets, but I just don't have the patience to be that creative when it comes to such exciting news.

Yesterday morning was when the news came.  I woke up early chilled from the fan over head.  I can't seem to find a comfortable temperature these days.  I fall asleep hot with the fan on medium and wake up freezing and the setting hasn't changed. I think about going back to sleep, but I can't.  I head to the bathroom, open the box, read the slip of paper just to make sure I know what I am doing and pee on the stick.  The paper says it will take a few minutes for the results.  I am watching as the strip fills. Wait am I seeing what I think I am seeing?  I rub my eyes and look again. Okay it hasn't even been a minute.  It can't be.  I double check the paper to make sure and yes, I am seeing what I think I am seeing.  I am pregnant.  What is my first thought.  I don't remember. I think I went into shock.  You know it has been 5 1/2 years since I have been pregnant.  Do I plan an elaborate way to tell The Man?  No I peak out of the bathroom and slightly nod my head yes.  The Man is excited. He immediately tells Princess (who is in our bed for an early morning cuddle) that we are going to have a baby.  Before I know it he is by my side giving hugs and kisses and I am still not sure that it has sunk in.

I am excited and nervous all at the same time.  The adventure begins, diabetes and pregnancy are not the best of friends.  I think I am going through withdrawal. I miss my carbs. and coffee, but it will be worth it all when I see the precious little face of my new little one.

You know I still can't believe it.  My youngest is 5 and will be nearly 6 when baby comes.  I never thought this would happen.  I assumed we were done, but I am glad and excited for this change and a new blessing in our lives.  Now to get busy with that to-do list.

1 comment:

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29